Saturday, February 7, 2009

Eyeball update

Katie's lazy eye hasn't been getting better quick enough. We went to the doctor and she could see great out of her good eye, but then when it came to covering her good eye and looking at the little pictures, she tried to dodge the blidfold and couldn't see the pictures. So, we have two options. A) put a cool looking band aid patch thing over her good eye so she can look like a pirate and exercise the lazy eye, or B) hold her down twice a day and put burny stingy drops in her good eye to blur it twice a day. I really want her to leave that patch on, but in two hours this morning she probably went through 5 or 6 of them. She is supposed to wear it for 6 hours a day. What am I going to do?

Also, got a little visit from the bishopric today. I will be sustained tomorrow as the primary chorister. I kind of saw it coming for the last two weeks and I was dreading the phone call. maybe some kind soul will object. I think only the president does more work in the primary. I'm going to go crazy. I'm not worried about the actual sunday part, but all the planning that it will take to keep 30 kids entertained and learning for 20 minutes, and not go home and tell thier folks that Sister Taylor is a lame-o nut job or that primary is "borrrr-ing". Gosh, now that I say that, 20 minutes doesn't sound like a lot when I'm wanting to be a teacher someday. GAHH! What am I going to do?

4 comments:

  1. Primary Chorister is the BEST calling in the church!! My favorite calling. www.sugardoodle.net has tons of good stuff for primary choristers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do awesome. I hope Katie will keep the patches on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you. I thought it was a tough job, I was thankful to get released, especially having separate jr. and Sr. times. I often did 2 separate activities, because really the older kids didn't like the pictures, and the younger kids can't read. You are much more musical than I am and will probably enjoy the singing part and be more creative, over time it did get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love primary choirter. I think you will do a great job at it. You seem to have a ton of energy and Heavenly Father seems to think so to or he wouldn't have called you. you will do great. Yahoo groups has a primary choirester group check it out it is great!!!!!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete