I'm not sure how the time we have left with daddy got moved up two months, but it did. We knew all along that he would be deployed in 2010. Now that things are moving along quicker than expected, my heart is freaking out. In my mind, all is well, but my mind is having a hard time telling my heart that. I had a good talk with the bishop about it at tithing settlement today and he was the one that pointed that out to me. I am so glad I have such a great ward family. He reminded me that I've already done this once before and that I had lots of friends and family to help me. Only this time, it's twice as long and with one more kid. John will miss all of our birthdays and the holidays in 2010 except his own birthday and Valentines day.
He's going to Afganistan to build roads, runways, quarters, and other shtuff the troops in the surge need. The SeaBees are the engineer force of choice for the military. He is trained to "hold a sword in one hand and a pestle in the other" as the bishop explained that some in the old testament had to do as they built the temple (I'm really not up on my OT). He might be in harms way, I don't really know. I know he is trained to do his job and do it well. I know that safety is always a primary concern for him while working. I'm proud of his choice to serve his country. It takes a special person to want to do something like that. My prayer for him is that he will come back whole and healthy. I don't know where I would find a guy as wonderful as him to take care of this old broad and her three crazy ragamuffins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Paula, I've been thinking of what to say to you since I read this post yesterday, and you know what? I still don't know what to say. With Brian being gone last year, I know a little of what you'll be feeling, but there's a HUGE emphasis on "little," because he was only gone for three weeks at a time, and he was never more than four hours away from us. You are a strong woman, and a wonderful mother, and I think, even though it's going to be really, really hard, that you'll come through fabulously.
ReplyDeletePaula, you were always a great women and still are!!! You have faith in our Father in Heaven, and it is his will that John is going over seas. I have two brothers that have both served over seas in this war. They have learned a great deal and it made there convictions in God stronger. And our Father will buoy you up as he is gone and you to will find strength that you never knew was in you. I will come and visit we are only 4 hours away it would be fun to see you again. Just keep busy. I have a good friend that has a hubby over seas and she has 6 kids and that is what she does is keep busy. Love you and call me if you ever want to talk
ReplyDelete208-459-6997