



Sarah lost her first two teeth last month! One right before daddy came home, and daddy yanked the other with a pair of pliers.

I have been so eager for

her lose her teeth that I tried to get her to yank it out with a string. It was horrible. It wasn't ready. Now I have video proof of my poor parenting decisions. She lost her first tooth a few hours after the string incident. She was playing in the yard and came running in with tooth in hand. We fashioned a tooth fairy pillow that night. We read a book about losing teeth where the main character sets a price for her tooth and makes it fancy so the tooth fairy will pay more. This is why it says "tooth for sale $1". Sarah also wanted to decorate her tooth, but no such luck. We stayed up very late to finish the pillow to hang from her door. The "tooth" is a pocket to hold her tooth and is also the perfect size for a quarter. I hoped to catch a glimpse of the tooth fairy around midnight. Can you believe we have a sloppy tooth fairy? She left her fairy dust fingerprints all over the money she gave Sarah. (Note to self: next time, don't leave the money covered in embossing powder in the toaster too long. It WILL burn) The next day, we came to find out that the neighbor boy had also lost his two front teeth that day. The tooth fairy brought him $6. I told Sarah it was because he had them knocked out and it hurt bad, so she had to pay more.
No comments:
Post a Comment