Thursday, April 23, 2009

readthescriptures.com

I have to rave about one of my new favorite websites. I am a huge slacker when it comes to reading my scriptures. I rock at checking email and other peoples blogs, but scriptures, I have a huge minus in that department. I have been wishing for a long time that somebody could email me with my readings everyday. My friend Rich emailed me something from the site and I was very intrigued. So here's the deal. You go sign up, choose the writings you'd like to study, enter a date you'd like to have it done by (or not) and viola! You are going to get them read (I hope)! You can pick from any scriptures (including the KJV Bible), church mags, RS/PH manual for this year, my kids even get the scripture readers for kids online (they are like comic books).
So everyday I check my email and I have my reading assignment right there. My goal is to finish the old testament by this time next year. I can read it from my email or from the website. If I do it from the website, I can highlight scripture, add personal notes, and keep a private journal. When I'm done, I click "completed" and then it sends me the next assignment tomorrow. Right now I've been clicking "send next" so I can get it right away and breeze through the begats of 2nd Chronicles. The part that I LOVE is that when it has been a few days since I read my scriptures, I get an email that basically says "hey slacker, you need to read your scripture today!" I also love that I don't have to hold the book anymore. I did try to pull it out for further research yesterday (there's no footnotes online :( ) and the baby kept grabbing at the pages, and the fan was on and they were blowing around, and all the papers I have stuck in them were falling out of the book. bleh.
SOOOO...why don't you try it? It's free and it will do your soul some good!

No comments:

Post a Comment