A special girl in our family has a new look! Katie got glasses about a week ago. Yesterday she got portraits taken, and I"ll post those pretty pics when I get them back. I've noticed a difference in her personality. It took until Sunday to see it, but she is different now. We were watching the deacons pass the sacrament and she points at them and asks "what's that? what are they doing?" Are you kidding? She's never seen the sacrament? She couldn't see that far! She had a good time with my dad this weekend. he got some really good cuddles because she could see what was going on around the room, and not be bored sitting still, only being able to see what was in her lap. She was a lot better sitting in church, too. We went to get her pictures taken and the photographer was talking with her. Katie bowed her head as she usually does and I told the woman that she is shy. But the lady kept talking to her and Katie lifted her head and looked and talked with her. She could see where the voice was coming from and not just a blurry blob! On the way home from preschool she was sitting up in her car seat as much as she could and talking about all the things she could see out the window. She'd never seen telephone poles! She found a whole other world OUTSIDE of the car! I heard lots or warnings that she would fight the glasses, but she's really good about leaving them on. I know they are helping her and I'm so glad to have a new little girl!






I had no idea that Katie couldn't see. That must have been so hard for her. I'm glad she is doing so well with the glasses. I think Charity would just play with them.
ReplyDeleteWow! That's amazing!! If only kids could tell us that something was wrong! "Uh, Mom. I can't hear....I can't see well," etc.
ReplyDelete