Wednesday, October 8, 2008

All last week

The girls looked so cute for the Football game in thier CutieFruities: a Bandana dress for Katie, and Sarah's cheerleader costume. I loved all the comments I got on them, even though we lost the game. My favorite was from a little girl, "See, Mom! I TOLD you they make cheerleader outfits!"


I went to Drill with John this weekend. It was a good weekend away. Katie did really well travelling, but I didn't enjoy it when the power went out at the hotel. She and I did a lot of shopping and she went in the Mei Tai really well. I only got my hair pulled once and did get some comments on it. It was pretty comfy to tote her around in, and even sit on when I was driving so that I didn't have to take it off completely. I have the pics and need to post these slings in the shop soon for your buying pleasure.


I really missed Sarah, too. She stayed with Papa and competed in her last Playday. She did SO AWESOME!!! Too bad there are no pics, yet, and when I get her buckle back, I'll post that here. Yes, that's right SHE WON A BUCKLE!!! We are all so excited. She got a blue ribbon for versatility (again), took that buckle, and won 3rd overall for the pee-wee division. That earned her a horse blanket cover. My dad is having the buckle engraved with her and her horse's name. She learned to go fast this weekend, getting into a lope all by herself. My dad says she now has the need for speed. She even put Peppy away all by herself after one of her events. She parked the mare in the stall, hopped down, and shut the gate all alone. She was so wiped out after the playday that she took a four hour nap (why Nana didn't wake her up is beyond me) and stayed up until after 2am.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your little Pee Wee! That is so great that she can share her Grandpa's love of horses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everyone had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete